During the Summer when we were dying, sweating, complaining, overheating & just plain miserable, all we kept hearing from people was, "Arizona winters are worth it." They weren't lying! We have been loving the weather the past few months.
Reese @ 19 months old.
-When we watch "The Price is Right" in the mornings she will mimic the models as they wave their hands over a product and slowly raise their hands up...it is so funny.
-She gets so excited when she sees her friends, or when I tell her we are going to go see them.
-Her favorite foods lately are clementine oranges, frozen waffles, bananas, grapes, peas, corn, mac & cheese, ravioli, PB & Honey sandwiches & chocolate milk.
-In the car when I am singing along or tapping my hand to the beat she will do it too. Sometimes when there is a "whoo" or "hey" that is repetitive in the song she will pick up on it & try to sing along.

-She has this habit now of always taking stuff with her everywhere we go. {notice pony above}
As soon I say lets go, she frantically looks around her for something(s) to grab & take with us. Most days it's not a big deal. But somedays she wants to bring an arm full of things with her. I usually have to do some serious convincing to get her to just take one thing.
-She is starting to get quite the imagination. She will make her little toys give each other kisses, or pretend like they went "night, night" & will tell me to "SHHHH."
-She is the best at going to bed still! I can say time for bed,"night, night,"she usually jumps up & heads for her room! Very rarely does she cry when I close her door after saying good night at nap time & bed time.
-Her vocabulary is growing so fast. She is starting to repeat us more & more. She says words I didn't know she knew all the time. She finally started saying "amen" at the end of our prayers. {Although we really can't understand most of what she says. She isn't using sentences at all yet}.
-She at 18 months knew almost half of the letters & sounds but by 19 months she knows all but 2 letters. (L & N she's not sure about) She will either say the name or the sound of the letter when you show it to her. It kills me! (I put a video of it on facebook a while ago. I need to take a better video on my camera).
We went out for a walk around our apartments one day & the ducks followed us around the entire pond. Reese thought it was great. Then at the other side of the pond we found a huge pile of leaves. Reese played & threw the leaves around for 30 minutes. {Apparently Fall happens in January}
Gma Jody & Gpa Jay came to visit us a few weekends ago! The weather was gorgeous. In the 70's almost the whole time! They went golfing everyday they were here & soaked up as much sunshine as they could before heading back to Utah. We had so much fun playing with them & can't wait for them to visit again!
![]() |
| Out for another walk on a beautiful January day! |
One Winter day we went down to the pool. :) True Arizonian's look at like we are crazy as we go play in the sand & splash in the pool in the 70 degree weather. But you do what you gotta do to entertain a 1.5 year old. Reese & her bestie Lexi love to go play at the pool.
This last semester has been a killer! Jon has been gone & studying so much. He misses his Reese like crazy! She gets so excited when he comes home for dinner (which he tries to do most nights so he can see us). They love to play & wrestle together.
The other night jon sat down in front of Reese & told her he was going back to school. She dropped her head, the lower lip came out & she slowly leaned forward, climbed in his lap & gave him the biggest hug. She stayed in his lap hugging him & resting her head on his shoulder for like 3 minutes. I thought poor daddy's heart was going to melt or that he was going to have a break down... It was so sweet.







5 comments:
I love Reese! She is so stylish and so stinkin' cute. And SMART. Brooklyn has the same problem of always having to take a toy, blanket, ball,...something with us wherever we go. And I'm like you..I can handle one thing, but not 12 :)
I love these updates! Keep em coming ;)
You used to do that when you watched the Price is Right too!!!
I think my heart just broke reading about her and her Daddy. You are doing great Jon, we are so proud of how you are balancing this crazy schedule! We love you, and you darling Reese!
Ok... my heart just broke for little Jon and little Reese. Mandy- you are amazing for being so supportive. Jon owes you some diamonds someday... So happy for all of you!!
Also- our weather sucks. Next winter, I'm bringing my kids down. Save us a spot in that pool...
So fun! That Reese is just too cute. I can't wait to see her again and her all that jabbering. So sweet with Reese and Jon. Jon is such a good dad-school is hard but it will be worth it!
Post a Comment