2.23.2013

*Visit from the Birds*

The Bird Family came to visit us in January for a few days.  It was SO great to have them here!
We went to the "Wild Life Zoo & Aquarium" about 30 minutes from our place. It was way fun!
The weather was perfect!  It was overcast but felt great outside.  (The weather the week before the Birds came was absolutely beautiful...however, it rained almost the whole weekend they were here!)

There were so many cool fish to see in the aquariums.  I had never heard of or seen a lot of them before.  Dylan & Gavyn happy to be yet another picture...

 Lexi liked showing Reese the colorful fish.
 Reese & I.
 Checking out more fish...

There's a little "petting zoo" area where you can go in the cage with these turtles.  Reese walked right in a had a seat.  Then the turtle on the left started coming her way...I thought she would be afraid of it.  She just waved at it.  


There were also deer & goats you could go in and feed.  


 The animals were rather aggressive in here.  They came up to Reese and tried to eat her shirt.  I had to work pretty hard to get it out of the little goats mouth. 
 Reese watching Uncle Bry.
 We walked into this enclosure & discovered it was Kangaroos.  Just jumping all over the place.  It was crazy!  Right when we walked in they fed them...so they all ran to the corner.  But I did get a picture of these random kids playing with a kangaroo.
 There was a baby snow leopard & a baby jaguar that we watched play forever.  
(This leopard was born on 12/12/12.) 
When we walked up to the glass Reese was excited, leaned forward & said, "Kitty!"  Then the leopard yawned & Reese saw it's big sharp teeth & quickly sat back in her chair.

 These monkeys were so active!  It was fun to watch them.  The little baby monkey was only 8 month old.  He was tiny.  (He looks big in this picture though.)

 Lexie loves pushing Reese around!  

 We had to feed the giraffes!

Another day we swam at the pool.  It was 60 something degrees.  Arizonian's were looking at us like we were crazy for swimming!  (it was overcast & sprinkling rain but the kids were in heaven!)  We spent lots of time in the hot tub too!



We were so happy they came to visit!  We had fun BBQ-ing, playing games, watching late movies & getting some cousin time in!  Cort & lexie are going to come visit again with Gma Vicki in April.  We can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for sharing and posting. I love love love to see the pictures of what is going on. I wish I could have been there but will be sooooonnnnn!!!

ashley g. said...

So FUN! I'm so glad you've been getting so many visitors and it looks like you still know how to party!

And you know, you'll probably be looking at yourself all crazy next winter if you try to swim in 60 degree weather... ;)

Tim and Heidi said...

How fun! I'm glad that you guys are still able to see each other! I was thinking if winter lasted any longer we may have to come down and visit too! Hope we see you sometime when you visit.