I have been trying to decide what Reese should be for Halloween for months. I wanted to make her costume but was feeling uninspired until my friend Kayla jokingly mentioned Reese should be a Ghost. (because she says BOO! constantly).
Ding! Ding Ding! Winner!
I bought a t-shirt, some iron on patches, the toulle, her sandals & her hair bow all at Hobby Lobby.
Made her tutu & shirt in like an hour. Super easy & it turned out adorable.
Our Halloween festivities began at Midwestern. Each year they put on a BIG celebration with carnival games, food, blow up toys, spooky walk ways, etc. The best part is that the kids can go trick-or-treating to a ton of the staff/office workers at the school. They all had their offices decorated & were super nice & excited to see all the kids!
Reese wasn't sure about this whole thing. That bag of m&m's she is holding was the first piece of candy she got. She wouldn't let go of it nor put it in her bag. She held onto it through 3-4 buildings. Jon or I had to put all the other candy into her bag for her because her hands were full. She had a death grip on both those m&m's and her bag.
Once she learned what we were doing she was cruisin' down the hallways!
Lexi * Parker * Reese
The next night we had a ward party & trunk-or-treat.
Reese & Lexi eating cookies in the gutter. ;)
I got the last minute idea to dress jon & I up as Ghostbusters. I thought it would be funny to go along with Reese's ghost costume. I made these like 2 hours before the party kind of thrown together but you get the gist.
Trick-or-Treating. This time, she would approach people & choose her candy. But only if their candy bowl was visible. She even would say thank you to most people.
Then on Monday night we got together with some friends & had dinner in our costumes. I couldn't resist taking some more pics. Your welcome Gma.
I couldn't resist a side by side from last year...4 months old! What a difference a year makes!
She LOVES this bridge. She runs across it. Once she gets to the end, she turns around & goes back the other way. I have to let her do it several times before we can be on our way.
Again...love the palm trees, they make me happy. It was 80 degrees at 6:00 pm. (Love that too!)
Even though today is officially Halloween we are done with it this year. Costumes are packed & put away. We aren't going trick-or-treating tonight. Don't tell Reese.
7 comments:
Thanks so much for all the pictures and the fun info about Reese and her trick or treating!!!!! Cute cute cute costumes and great pictures!!! Love you all!!
Oh my goodness! She is the cutest ghost I've ever seen! Did she get lots of candy? I always give handfuls to the cute little girls.
I think her costume is so cute! We hope you guys are doing well!
So cute! You did a fabulous job on her costume! Looks like her and Logan the same thing about Trick or Treating. It was just way more fun to run around:) I can't wait till they get to meet, they'll have so much fun!
What a cute little ghost! You are SO talented my friend. I need to come take lessons from you. The ghostbusters costumes were great as well! Loved it all. Reese is such a sweetheart and the cutest little ghost ever!! What a fun post :)
What a darling costume! Reese is adorable! And I love the ghostbusters too-what a great idea.
I hate how far away you are and we missed you all night on halloween. The kids made it worse by saying, "I wish Mandy could see us." I miss my Mandy!! I am so glad that Reese had a great time and THANK YOU for sharing pictures of her. You know you blogging is for your sister who hates facebook too!! Love you, Cort
Post a Comment