Soon after I last posted last...Reese learned to walk!
That whole "walking stage" did not go as I expected it would.
Reese would stand up next to furniture all the time at just 7-8 months old. I assumed she would walk early!
But, when she didn't crawl until 11 months...I figured walking would happen soon thereafter...wrong again! At 13 months old she started standing up on her own in the middle of the room. Again I was fooled into thinking that at any time she was just going to take off walking all over the house. Which she did, but only if she was walking behind one of her toys. She REFUSED to walk with us holding her hands between our legs as you often see kids do. (To this day she will NOT hold your hand and walk with you!)
It was about another month after standing on her own she finally decided to take a few steps at random. One day I was doing some laundry & she was sitting at my feet. As I walked away she just stood up and followed me...(very cautiously) down the hallway. She took around 8-9 steps. I was so excited! We told dad all about it when he got home from school...but she didn't walk nor attempt to walk again for a few days. And at random times of her choosing. Like she was testing the process out. She would still crawl because it was faster & easier.
Then she developed this strange crawl. She would crawl with one leg folded up and then just pull her self forward with the other leg. (She still does this.)
Here is a video of her before she had mastered her skills...
This is honestly the first day she was up & walking around the house on her own.
She is 14.5 months old in this clip (middle of August).
No comments:
Post a Comment