Yes...I have a crazy, one year old, yet somehow I find myself with a lot of quiet time. Reese has been a rock-star sleeper since we moved to AZ. She goes to sleep every night at 8:00pm & will sleep until 8:00am. (so happy about that because she was not a great sleeper until she was like 6-8 month old!) She also takes a 2 hour nap everyday too. Jon, most days comes home for dinner then goes back to school until like 11:00 give or take an hour.
Due to all of this fabulous sleeping & studying I get more alone time than I know what to do with some days. (clarification: by no means am I complaining about that!)
Back in July/August I decided to make Reese a Quiet Book. Thanks to pinterest & many other crafty blog moms out there I was able to find lots of cute ideas (even some patterns/tips). I made a plan of some of the pages I wanted to do, made a trip to JoAnn's & The Hob Lob, blew the dust off my sewing machine & set up shop on my kitchen table {aka: my craft room}. I finished this book months ago! I haven't shared any pictures yet.
Page 1: Shapes & Colors
Page 2&3: Mr & Mrs Potato Head & pieces
Page 4 & 5: Car & Road
Page 6&7: zip, buckle, tie, button & barn
Page 8: Numbers & Counting
This book was so much fun to make. I want to make more pages to add to it. But they are ones that Reese will use more when she is a little older.
To those of you who want to make a quiet book?! I used lots & lots of felt. (Only 25 cents a sheet.) Wonder Under is an absolute must! Most pieces are two layers of felt sewn together. I want this book to last so I tried to make it "durable." I got a pack or fat quarters so that the fabric throughout would match. I went for bright primary colors.
Then I was talking to one of my friends (Becky) & she told me she had bought the cutest quiet book pattern pack from etsy & so kindly offered to let me borrow her pattern. I made this adorable ABC quiet book in Sep/Oct. (I took the pics before I added the eyelets & rings to put it together.)
All of the little pieces velcro on & off.
Next, Becky again so graciously offered to let me borrow another pattern. Its a cute ZOO quiet book. Can't wait to get started on it after Christmas! I love having projects!!! And I love my Quiet Time!
6 comments:
Gah. You are so creative it kinda makes me sick. In a jealous sort of way. MISS YOU!! The Quiet Book is adorable!
I LOVE these! Seriously..you have been my inspiration to get going again on mine. And the made with mom's love is a great signature stamp on the back :)
I can't wait to see how the zoo one turns out - obviously it will be adorable too!
Let me know what patterns you want next.
Very cute! Reese will love this forever! I like that you can add pages.
SO cute Mandy!!! Where did you ever learn to be so crafty??? :)
So, so cute! You did an amazing job on those mandy! I can't wait to see the next one. We are so excited to see you guys!
Wow, good job Martha!! Those are so cute.
Post a Comment