During spring break last week I enjoyed relaxing & working on some baby stuff! My mom took a day off & we crafted from morning 'til night!
We made some cute cloth diaper burp rags by adding a little baby fleece & ribbons to the front of them. (I hear they are kid tested mother approved...)
I also made a "Rag-Tag Cloth." I am super excited about it. I have seen them in stores and they are so expensive! Between my left over fabrics & mom's I put together the "cloth" part then sewed in different colors, styles, widths & textures of "tags" for my little darling to chew & play with. I think she is going to like it. It should provide hours of entertainment & drooling!
Then I had my mom teach me how to crochet around the recieving blankets. I have always wanted to learn how to do that! So I crocheted around a blanket with a fun eye-lash yarn. It's cute & soft & very easy to do! Then I had her show me how to crochet around the burp clothes with the typical skinny thread. I am excited about this new skill I've aquired & plan on making more crocheted items in the near future!
We had fun crafting, eating junk food & watching movies all day! Thanks for you help mom!
Lastly, jon & I, mostly jon...re-finished a mirror for the baby's room (sorry the picture won't turn for some reason). I have had this mirror forever & it had a very cherry red finish. I didn't want to just get rid of it...becuase it didn't match so we decided to add some color to the nursery & paint it green. The nursery is purple, lime green & turquise. It is starting to come together...we hung some pictures & feel like it is starting to look more like a baby room! I ordered a rocking chair last month & it came in this week. My brother in law is going to paint it for us! I will post some pictures of her room when it's a little closer to being ready.


5 comments:
The rag tag blanket is so adorable. She is going to love it! And yes, diapers make the best burp cloths. And cute ones are important since you practically wear them for the first 6 months. I wish I could crochet. I tried learning in h.s. but didn't have the patience.
What cute projects! I wish I had some talent to make cute things.
I was actually wondering a little while ago if you guys happened to have a blog, but figured you didn't since I've never come across it. I'm glad I was wrong.
I can't wait for us both to have our little girlys. It's gonna be a fun summer!
look at how clever you are! nice projecting!
You and your crazy craftery! I love it. I wish I had half the energy and patience it takes to be a crafting genius like you. Can't wait to see the baby's room! And the baby... where is she?
So cute! You are one talented chica! What a lucky little girl!
Post a Comment