It has been a fun, relaxing yet very busy month at our house! It was jon's b-day on July 9th. (I am sorry babe it took me this long to post about it...) I have been working in my classroom, taking classes & @ girls camp these past few weeks. All good things...
I wanted to try to create a special cake for jon this year. I have not attempted to make a decorated cake since I was doubted of my abilities when I was 11. (Mom, remember my AWESOME bugs bunny cake I made all by myself...the judges said I didn't do it on my own & that my mom obviously helped me...I think I was finally ready to let that go & try again)
I love the internet & I am all about copying other people's cute ideas! I ditched jon all morning on his special day & went to cort's to make his cake. (thanks for letting me use your kitchen & for helping us to eat it!) It turned out great & was yummy too! I think I will even attempt another cake next year.
4 comments:
Cute cake! Can I hire you to make my kids birthday cakes? I am no good at that.
And Jon- can you really be that close to 30? That's crazy- but we won't discuss that because it makes me even closer to 30. Happy Birthday to the best baby brother ever known to mankind.
That cake is so dang cute! Did you feel sad when it was all cut up?
And happy birthday Jon!
Alright Mandy .. your putting all us other wives to shame! -- (Check out Steven's B-Day post .. in which I ordered a Costco cake .. :( ..) -- Super cute, I am impressed!
Wow, Mandy I'm impressed! I think I need you to make our birthday cakes!
Happy Birthday J-you deserve it!
Post a Comment