7.14.2010

* Sun & Sand! *

Last year, Jon & I decided to save & save some more for a vacation to Hawaii. We decided to go in July for our 2nd anniversary. (if you recall last year, jon was in Mongolia for our first anniversary) I was so excited to go! I have never been to Hawaii!
We went to the Island of Kuaui. It was amazing! (I found a flight+hotel+car package on Orbitz. We got a GREAT deal!) We stayed in Princeville on the North Shore. Our hotel was hands down the nicest hotel I have ever been in! We stayed at The Westin & our room was more of a condo that a hotel room. We had a full kitchen, (completely stocked with plates, glasses, silverware, etc.) a family room, a deck (with ocean view), a king sized bed, a huge shower & jetted tub, flat screen t.v., etc. The resort was beautiful!!!! Here are some pictures of it... The hotel was up on a cliff so we had to hike down to the beach...but it was worth the hike! The beaches were incredible. They were EMPTY too! One day we walked three miles down the beach & passed about 5 groups of people! So peaceful!!! Here are some of the beaches we spent our afternoons on & some other scenic pictures I took from the car of this amazing island!
We went golfing one day. We would have loved to play ocean side...it was a little to expensive for us to justify...so we played a woods course. It was a very pretty course!
Posted by Picasa
We also spent a day on a Zip Line Tour. It was so fun! We went on 9 different zip lines ranging in size from 200-1,200 feet. It was so fun to be in the dense "jungle-like" trees. We were zipping over rivers & valleys. We had to walk across this super sketchy bridge...scary planks & rope bridge. (I wish I would have taken a picture of it)
It was such a fantastic vacation! The whole time we were trying to figure out how we could drop everything & move to the island permanently! It was so hard to leave! We can't wait to go back! Here are some more of our favorite pictures from the trip...

10 comments:

Annie said...

How fun! Good choice to save for a trip to Hawaii!

The Birds said...

That looks so amazing!! I want to go to there! Glad you had fun! Like Bryan said...we wished it was a "procreation" vacation. Heeheehee. I know, keep dreaming.
Cort

ashley g. said...

For reals- I hope you took sand proof condoms... ;)

Happy Anniversary you two! This is the post we've been waiting for!! Looks like it was well worth the savings. Perhaps Steve and I will make the same trip sooner rather than later. Want to borrow a few children? ;)

I'll have to get more details later- can't wait to hear all about it! The pics look fabulous!

Diana Dye said...

Ugh...all you people that go to Hawaii make me sooo mad.

J/k. Your pictures turned out beautiful. Yes, you should drop everything and move there so I can come visit.

Want to hang out before you get busy with school again?

mj said...

i love hawaii! i am so glad you got to goo! totally made up for last year i am sure!

Jamie said...

Wow, what a great trip. I am TOTALLY jealous! Your pictures were amazing and I am just wishing I could go! Someday...
You guys are such a cute couple-Happy Anniversary!

The Belnaps said...

How fun!! That trip looked amazing! I think im gonna have to convince my hubby to take me there. Glad you had fun. Lets get together soon:)

Lisa said...

Looks amazing! You two are so cute together! I'm so jealous...I've been trying to talk Rob into going on a big trip for our 5th next year.

ricksdl said...

I am so glad you got to go to Hawaii! Wasn't it amazing! Too bad we missed you guys...and we were on another island...but anyway, glad you had a fantastic anniversary.

The Walker's said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary! I can't believe its already been another year, I feel like you just had your 1st! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, that is so awesome you guys went! Now that we will have 2 kids I don't know when we will ever make it out there....hopefully one day!