7.02.2009

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

About five years ago I was in a pretty pathetic situation. I had no direction and not much of a future. If you would have told me that in four years I would be married and trying to get into medical school I probably would have laughed in your face. But in January of 2005 I met Mandy, she was my saving angel. I apparently had met her before but I don’t remember seeing her until we met at my friend’s cabin. I was very surprised to catch a pretty blond girl staring at me. We really hit it off and the rest is history. One year ago in April I made the best decision in my life and proposed to Mandy in her classroom. It was a bit chaotic with all of her students screaming and yelling in the background but looking back it was so incredible I would not change a thing. Today we are celebrating our one year anniversary. This has easily been the best year of my life. I often joke that Mandy saved my life. But in all reality there is no statement more true. She has helped me become a better man and I have learned so much from her. Mandy brings me up whenever I am down all the while keeping me grounded and in focus of what really matters. She is so kind and loving. She is my best friend and I can always count on her in any situation. The only way to explain how much I care for Mandy is to say that she means everything. I am literally nothing without her. Not to mention she is the most beautiful woman I have ever met. Mandy is an incredible teacher, friend, sister, daughter and wife. I am positive that she will be an extraordinary mother and friend to our children. (NOT QUITE YET THOUGH VICKI !!!!) Since I am not home to celebrate the occasion I thought I would publically give Mandy the love and praise she deserves. I love you pretty girl, happy anniversary.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you babe! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!
I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

Frischknecht Fam said...

Wow--I didn't realize what a romantic Jonner is. Happy anniversary, you two. We're sure glad Jon FINALLY popped the question and Mandy was kind enough to say yes. :-) Love you guys!

The Birds said...

Congrats, we love you guys! Can we have a baby annousement by the second anniversary??? Please!!!!

Cort

ashley g. said...

My eyes! They sting with tears! Jon- this was absolutely fabulous. I think you'll have a huge hug waiting for you when you come home for this one.

And believe me, we are all thankful that you popped the question too. Happy Anniversary you love birds.