10.15.2008

Story Time!

We have been writing scary stories all week at school so I thought I would share a scary story that happend to Jon had last weekend! Friday evening Jon's friend Seth called him telling him that they had decided to go to Wyoming to watch the Utah vs. Wyoming game. They had thrown the idea around a little last week. But decided last minute to go. Jon promised me he would be back in less than 24 hours. Here was the plan: Drive to Wyoming. Eat. Sleep. Wake up. Watch the game. Drive home. Simple enough?! Saturday morning I get a phone call from Jon. He tells me they probably won't be going to the game. What? Why? Oh, we got in a car accident last night... Apparently Wyoming was having their first major snow storm of the year and the boys (dedicated little fans) got to drive through it. They hit a patch of black ice & the truck (luckily it was a rental) fish-tailed & rolled 3-4 times. They all had their seat belts on! And climbed out the driver's side window. While waiting for the police to come they wondered through the highway fields collecting their items that had flown from the car! I happened to send Jon a text to tell him goodnight & Seth spotted the light from his phone in a field. Jon had the tow truck driver take him to the hospital because he thought he lost the tip of his finger. It was cut about to the bone. He got several stitches. They also pulled lots of glass from his back. Jon thinks he may have cracked a few ribs too. They all got pretty beat up and bruised. The most ironic part of the story is that they were stuck with no car in a hotel in a snow storm, an hour away from the game & their hotel didn't have the channel to watch the game. So they didn't even get to watch the game! :( Seth's dad went out Sunday & brought them home. Jon's feeling better now. And has learned his lesson! He said he will now & always wear his seat belt on the freeway! HE NEVER WEARS IT!!! I am so glad he is ok!

6 comments:

ashley g. said...

You know, we are really glad that there is a happy ending to this story. Maybe he should wear the seatbelt all the time... yes, Jon. I'm just like your mother.

Kalli is still asking about the spiders in Uncle Jonny's stitchies. She hopes they come out soon.

ricksdl said...

Hey Mandy - I am glad Jon is o.k. that is so scary!

Jake, Mel, and Girls said...

Mand- that gave me chills! That really is so scary! I like that he didn't call you until the whole thing was over. Such a guy thing. :) Your invites for Di's shower were so, so cute! I'm sad I'm not going to be able to make it though, cuz we're leaving for Disneyland that morning. I wanted to see all you guys, but I guess it'll have to wait until.... your baby shower??? :) Hopefully sooner than later!

Diana Dye said...

Whoa that is way scary. Justin drives Provo canyon a lot for his work and I'm always afraid something freaky like that would happen. I'm so glad Jon is okay.

mj said...

yikes! i am so glad that he is ok. i am always so scared when nate is gone overnight without me.

K said...

Wow, crazy story. I am glad to hear that everyone is alright. On the bright side John will have a cool looking finger for Halloween (bad joke). Seriously though, what a blessing nothing too serious happened!