Fourth of July came and went. We were pretty lame and drove home from Utah the night before. So we didn't have any plans. We let Reese do some sparklers in the driveway before bed and called it a night!
My friend Allie cut gave the kids both much needed haircuts!
We celebrated Dad's Birthday!
Reese was so excited to help me wrap presents. Decorate the house, make a cake and blow up balloons.
We spend LOTS of time in the pool in the backyard! Its a must at some point almost everyday. Jensen LOVES splashing and Reese loves having a companion in the pool with her!
These two love taking baths together! Reese is all about the bubble beard.
More time in the water...not much else to do!
I take all the blame for this...drank caffeine my entire pregnancy & while nursing. Don't worry, the can isn't open. But he sure knows exactly what to do with it!
One day Reese asked for privacy in the potty. I came in to check on her after a few minutes of it being WAY to quiet...I found her asleep. She was using her bath towel as a blanket & one of her favorite stuffed animals as a pillow. Too cute!
Daddy is the best! He jumps in the pool with the kids all the time! They love to play and splash with him. This day turned into a family water fight! They soaked me. But I grabbed the hose and got my revenge...
One night it August, the weather actually cooled down to below 100 degrees! We took full advantage and went to the park to play for a while.
Jensen ALWAYS sits like this. I just think it is adorable and don't want to forget it.

Back to school time still tugs at my heart. I was lucky enough to teach for 6 years & have been out of the game for 3 or 4 years...but I still miss sitting at the rug & at my back table, teaching my little first graders to read, playing games, watching them grow and learn.
I found Reese sitting at her table like this over the weekend and my heart was so full. I am so thankful of the years I had teaching, but am very grateful I get to be a stay at home mom and teach & love my own kids!
















No comments:
Post a Comment