6.30.2014

*UTAH here we come...*

Went and had a good family day of swimming. The kids and I were heading to Utah for a visit. Jon stayed home to have some zero distractions, or responsibility from us so that he could focus and get ready for those dang tests! 
Gma Vicki flew out to Phx then the next morning we woke up and went to St. George. We met Cortnie and Lexi & Mir & Emily & Jordan at the Tuachan to see The Little Mermaid! 
Reese loved EVERY SECOND! She sat on the edge of her seat from start to finish and noticed every little detail! She was still wide awake by the end, despite being in the car for over 7 hrs that day...and she wanted to go meet Ursula! 
And of course Ariel and Eric too! Magical night! We are so happy we went! Thanks Gma for the tickets and the memories!



























We couldn't stay in St.George...sadly, we just had a few hours the next day in town, so we stopped by the beautiful temple, swam at the hotel, then stopped at Swig for drinks & cookies on our way back to Utah County! I was so exited to be out of the AZ heat! I love coming to Utah in the Summer!
When we got to Gma Vicki's she had surprises waiting for the kids to welcome us!
These two goofballs are such sweet friends! They sure love to play with each other and be silly!
A picture to cherish forever! Jensen and Gpa JJ! 
This is the first time Uncle Clay met Jensen! Jensen is only 9 months old and he is basically bigger than Ira?! Ha! This is only the second time I have seen Ira! Living away from these people I love so much is so hard and sad sometimes! 

Mom, the kids and I drove up to Brigham City to see Gma Joyce and Gpa Perry.
Gma & Gpa also had never met Jensen & they were so excited to see me & the kids! 
Gma's health has really been going down hill rapidly.  She has been sick for lots of years, but this we all sadly, could see was getting to the final weeks, maybe months.  
When we got there, she was in bed and was asleep.  We went in to talk to her and she couldn't remember any of us.  It was very sad and hard to see her like that. She couldn't even remember my mom that day.  We stay and made lunch and played for several hours. Gma was really quiet the whole time and you could see she was a little timid and unsure of us. The saddest part was that was the first time she had ever done that.  And the next day, she was asking Gpa when the kids and I were going to come up to see her...
It was hard to say goodbye because I knew this would be the last time I would see her! The fact that she was kind or out of it and didn't know who I was made that a little easier, yet really sad too. I hope she knew how much I loved her! 

We went with the Birds over to a really pretty pond/playground to hangout one night. The kids all had fun. I miss those Utah mountains!
Jensen doesn't like grass. You can set him down in it and he keeps his arms up and stays put.
The lighting was perfect and I had my camera, so I snapped a few pics of this cute face...I just can't help myself. 

We went over to Gma's work to wish her a Happy Birthday and take her flowers! (Reese wouldn't get in the picture.)
Jensen loved Cort and Bry's stairs! 
We went one day to the new Thanksgiving Point Children's Discovery Museum. It was so much fun! it was also WAY crowded! I wish we had time to go again while we were visiting! Can't wait to go again next time we visit.

I got together with Kenz, Di & Tiana while we were in town. It was fun to catch up and see our kids play together! 
Jon's Gma Jean passed away while we were in Utah. Jon couldn't make it work to fly out so Jensen and I went and represented for our family. I was glad we could be there. It was fun for me to get to know more about her and her life.  I have only seen Gma Jean a handful of times in the years Jon and I have been together. Jensen was great the whole day! (But no surprise there...)

These two are just so in love! Reese adores Gma Vicki!

We went to the PG carnival one evening...It was fun for about 10 minutes...



I went and got a much needed haircut! 


Reunited! 
It was a long three weeks for us to not see daddy! We all missed him but had a great time with family in Utah! Jon was sooooo tired and exhausted yet, glad to have boards behind him. In just a few weeks he will start the "rotation" years. We are excited he will no longer be living in a classroom and living test to test! So proud of him and all he sacrifices for our families future! Jon only stayed the weekend then we headed back to AZ!
We drove it all in a day to get home...Reese slept most of the way home. Both the kids do so great in the car! Honestly, there was no whining or crying the entire drive to or back from Utah! Best kids ever! (The fact that they had their own tv screen directly in front of their face the entire drive obviously helps! Best purchase! Never road trip without it!)

And last but not least...this angel boy is 10 month old!

No comments: