6.14.2013

*Terrific Two's*

 Reese officially became a 2 year old on June 7th!  
I am hoping she will be a "terrific" two year old instead of a "terrible" two year old...as of lately we see a bit of both terrific & terrible each day!   

On her Birthday we woke up & had pancakes.  I have been trying to get her to hold up two fingers to show she is 2.  She does it...but holds out her thumb & finger...it works.

The Birthday Pile!  She is one spoiled & loved little girl.  Her slide & tricycle are from jon & i.  Her table & chairs are from Gma Susan.  Presents on the table from Gma Vicki.
{I got a new camera for my bday...so there are a lot of pictures.  I am really LOVING this camera.  I think i will love it even more once i figure out how to properly use it!

 Gma Vicki sent her a box full of Princess Dress-up type stuff.  She loved all of it (wand, watch, shoes, teira, dresses, earrings)!!!!  We had to open it all & try it all on right then! 
 Princess Shoes!!!!

She can't quite ride it by pushing the peddles yet, but will be able to soon.  She pushes it with her feet all over the house!  

Jon couldn't resist getting her a T-ball & bat set.

 I couldn't resist getting her a few new books!



In our new house we have this huge room in the entry way & nothing to do with it...it has been converted into a PlAyRoOm! 
It is 109 degrees already outside.  We decided to get her presents so she could have some fun things to do inside during the crazy summer heat of AZ.  {Thus the slide, table, chairs & ball pit, even the trike until it cools off}




Later that day we took Reese to McDonalds for lunch.  It was her first trip there.  I am not a McDonalds fan so I never take her.  I don't want to fight the other kids & moms at the playplace so until her bday she didn't know McDonalds even existed.  

That night we had a BuBbLE PaRtY for Reese!
 B-day favors for her friends...
 Bubble necklaces for her friends...



 Reese was soooo excited all day/week for her party.  She didn't take a great nap that day & right as we were leaving the house she was acting really snuggly (never a good sign in an active toddler) & saying ouch but not really saying what was wrong.  
As soon as we got to the park to set up for her party she just wanted to be held & was moping around.  Her little cheeks were red & she just looked tired!!! But her friends were arriving so I was hoping once they got there she would be excited.  

 I rounded up a lot of random trinkets to blow bubbles with & spread them out for the kids to play with.

 They could use colored bubble solution & try to make a bubble picture on some paper.

She just kept running to jon or I & wanting to sit in our laps!  Look at that poor face.  I was so sad she didn't feel good.  I was just bummed she wasn't up for enjoying her own party! 


This girl loves CAKE {and by cake she means the icing}.  When we sang happy birthday to her earlier at breakfast she was grinning from ear to ear.  At the party didn't crack a smile.  She did not feel good... but she blew out her candle but wouldn't even try her cake.   


 The party crew. 
We have some wonderful friends out here & so does Reese!  We are very lucky!
{15 seconds after we took this picture...Reese threw up!  Yup.  Definitely was not feeling good!} 

Then she perked up, opened presents {shirtless} & ran around a little for the end of her party.

She threw up again that night right as we got home.  But then slept great all night & was fine the next days to follow.  Who knows.  Jon says "You always know it was a great party if someone throws up"...  

We sure love this girl more than we ever thought possible.  It has been a joy to be her parents the past two years.  She makes us laugh everyday & fills our home with so much excitement.  We are loving watching her learn & grow each day.  Her vocabulary is crazy & she is picking up on all sorts of cute little sayings, actions & habits.  We love you Rees-ie Bear!!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Such a cute party and such cute pictures!!!

Diana Dye said...

Ha ha. Jon's funny. And I am dying here from all the cuteness. Great job on the party. Don't be scared of 2, I like it. It's 3 you have to fear.

And Henry does the same thing with his finger and thumb for 2.

Are you guys coming to UT this summer? I want to see you.

john + becky said...

I love this girl and I love that she knows and loves me :)

She is a SMART and beautiful 2 year-old. Every time I'm around someone comments how pretty she is, I agree!

Poor thing at her party...but glad she still had a fun birthday and got some great gifts! We will have to have lots of play dates in the fall when we get back!

The Birds said...

She was throwing up because you took her to Mcdonald's She couldn't handle that horrible food. :) On a happy note...you are amazing! What a cute party, and thank you for the pictures...almost made me feel like we were there. Miss you! Oh, and the playroom was definitely the right call. My kids use to cruse around the house on the tricycles too. Even in Utah...the summer heat can get to them fast.

The Birds said...

Oh, ya. Love the "special day plate from mom" and those darling chairs and table from Susan.

Jamie said...

So, so cute! What a darling little BIG girl! All of her birthday decorations were adorable Mandy. You are amazing!