In April my Mom, sister & niece came out for a quick weekend visit. We were so excited to have them here!!! Reese got really good at saying Grandma Vicki. She kept calling Cortnie something that sounded like Khaki...it was cute. She loved having cousin Lexie here!
We had a lot of fun EATING, SHOPPING, SWIMMING & RELAXING!
We went shopping to some outlets and the splash pad was on...Reese LOVES the water!
Reese is obsessed with sun glasseeeeees. She insists on putting them on herself and 95% of the time they are on upside down. Which doesn't seem to bother her at all.
We wore this girl right out! By the time we left the parking lot she was OUT!
Reese & Lexie in their twin jammies.
LOVE these GIRLS!!!! We had fun & we are so happy we get to go visit them again soon! Thanks for taking pictures... (which I stole off your blogs! I am horrible with pics lately!)
Reese at Music Makers...a class we go to every Friday morning at Jon's school. It is so fun to watch her there. She loves music & singing. When we started to go to the class last year Reese would just sit and watch. Now she is up & dancing & singing along to the songs. I love that she gets so into it! My friend Becky recently took over & has made it even more fun each Friday.
Reese 23 Months Old
I can't believe she is almost 2!!!
We have to stop & say hi to the fish under the bridge most days... She waves & says hello to each different colored fish.
Jon officially finished his first year of Medical School a few weeks ago! Yay! How did we celebrate?! We went to dinner & the park with some friends friday night then Saturday morning began a 5 day moving adventure! We found a house to rent less than a mile away from our apt. It has three bedrooms, two baths, a garage & lots more elbow room, all for the same price we are paying to rent our little apt. We have really enjoyed our complex & are going to have to change wards but are happy that our growing family will have more space!
Here is Jon walking yet another laundry basket of our belongings out to our car to cram it full of our stuff. Then he will drive it over to our new house & unload it all. While he is doing this...I am entertaining Reese & filling other bins & baskets one room at a time for him to take. By evening we all go over to the "new house" to organize & put it all away. This went on for 4 days. By day 5 everything was moved but our furniture. Jon rented a small U-haul & 4 friends from school came over to help him move the couch, beds & dressers. They were done in an hour. It was a very long & tedious process but an easy move over all!
We are almost done getting the house "put together." I will post some pics when its all done!
Reese playing in her new toy room. She sat & stacked these blocks in a tower then took them apart, then re-stacked them for 45 minutes! She is getting so big. She is talking like crazy & using new words all the time.
SEDONA, AZ:
Now that we have husbands again for the summer we have been taking full advantage playing with them! We decided to go explore & hike in Sedona this week. It was a nearly two hour drive...but worth it! Such a cool place & so beautiful. It is also 20 degrees cooler than home so it felt great!
Reese & her friend Brooklyn...Juice & flowers in hand!
None of us had ever been to Sedona before so we took a risk & tried to take the strollers. After crossing the water twice...we ditched the strollers in the trees about a 1/2 mile in. We had three 2 year olds with us who ended up walking most of the hike & they did great!
The dads...who are all so happy they get to feel & see the sun again after being trapped in lecture & study halls for the last 10 months!
Our hiking group!
Jon, Reese & Me; Becky, John, Brooklyn & baby Jake; Kandas, Riley & Parker
We hiked up to this cool stream with smooth rocks for the kids to play/splash in. Then we had a picnic lunch & headed back down the trail.
We HAD to stop on our way out of town for "ickies" Reese will say "ice" then "cream" but when she says it together it comes out as ickies. (Notice: her glasses are upside down)
AND...TODAY we've been enjoying the pool & will do more of that a lot in the next few months! It will be 108 by next week! YUCK!
I am just about 24 weeks prego this week. My belly is huge, but somehow you can't really see it in this pic. I need to take a side view shot I guess to really show it off! This baby boy has grown a lot & gotten super active in the last few weeks. I love that jon can finally feel him kicking too. It has become a nightly ritual for us to lay in bed & feel him moving & kicking around. We are so excited to be having a boy. Reese knows there is a baby in my tummy but thinks there is one in hers & daddy's tummy as well...so I am not quite sure how well the reality of a new baby coming to our house to stay permanently will pan out. But we have 16 more weeks to prepare her for it!
1 comment:
That is so fun that your mom, sis, and niece came to visit. I hope we get more visitors once we move into our house and after the weather cools down...so I guess in 6 months, right? ;)
Sedona was so much fun and I'm excited to go back again. I was impressed by the kids..overall they did great. I love when Reese says, "HI BECKY!" It always makes me smile...especially when it is quiet, like church yesterday :)
Post a Comment