1.08.2013

*Thanksgiving*

For Thanksgiving we decided to stay in AZ.  We knew we were planning on going home for Christmas & figured we would save a little money by staying here.  That being said it was the "off" year for Jon's parents to host turkey day.  They came to us!  We were so happy to have them!  

*These are a few pics I wanted to "document" in our little family blog/journal.  I took them all on my phone...so the quality is not great.

We took them on a tour of the campus of Midwestern University.
We went shopping to the outlets.  *Behind us is the Nation's Tallest Tree!
{They lit it the night before & had a concert...with the last American Idol winner}
Grandma & Grandpa got Reese her Christmas presents while they were here.  That way we didn't have to worry about flying with them, or shipping them, etc. She also is wearing some new Elmo slippers in the above picture Grandma bought her.  She LOVES them!

One day we went to check out the progress of the new Phoenix Temple.  It happens to be 5 minutes away!  "Our temple" is in Mesa (45+ minutes away).  It isn't scheduled to be done for another year though...but we can't wait. 

 I was so glad that Reese warmed up to Grandma & Grandpa so fast!  She loved to sit and read anything with Gpa.  Here they are "reading" her coloring book for the 100th time!  
Reese & Grandpa!
For Thanksgiving dinner we opted for the no prep, no cooking, no clean-up option.  We went out to dinner since it was just the four of us & Reese.  Best idea EVER!   It was delicious and we even had plenty of leftovers!  After dinner we went out to Scottsdale to see Jon's cousin who just had a baby the night before.  We were so happy for them!  They have waited a long time for that beautiful baby.  It was the perfect way to end the day!

We had other plans to go & do more while they were in town, but poor Reese was not feeling very good {more on that to come}...
We had a fabulous time!  We are so thankful to have such wonderful people as family & examples to us!!!!  Thanks so much for the wonderful time.  We love you so much!

4 comments:

john + becky said...

I think that is such a great idea to go out to eat on Thanksgiving...especially with just 4 of you!

I love Reese's Elmo slippers. And I'm impressed by how much work has been done on the temple. I'm excited for it to be done.

Tim and Heidi said...

Looks like one fun Holiday! I love going out to eat on holidays, it takes so much of the fuss out them and you're actually able to enjoy them:) I'm jealous of all the snow you don't have!

Jamie said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I'm glad you guys are so happy there. We can't wait to see you again!

Diana Dye said...

Oh I'm so jealous. I can't step outside for more than 30 seconds without my hands stiffening with cold.

Reese is so stinkin cute as always.