1.07.2012

*7 MoNtHs oLd*

Reese is 7 months old today!
Reese has hit two major milestones in the past few weeks.
#1. Reese can sit up on her own! I love it. She is a little wobbly & will tip over now & then, but she is enjoying being able to sit up to play with her toys. {As am I.}
#2. TEETH: If you look close at the picture on the left you can see that Reese has her TWO bottom teeth!
Her first tooth cut through on her first Christmas! We could feel/see them coming for about a week. {The sleepless nights & the grumpy baby were a big clue too...} The other tooth made it's debut a day or two later. They sure are cute! {& SHARP}
She is still wearing 3-6 month clothes.
She also still wants nothing to do with crawling & makes no attempt to move other than rolling from her tummy to her back.
Her hair is long enough for pig-tails. Her daddy loves them! {I do too, but they make her look more like a toddler than a baby!}
She is getting more & more "grabby". She wants to touch/eat anything that is in mom's/dad's hands.
Lately, when she smiles at us it is accompanied with either a short loud scream or a quick "raspberry", a shoulder shrug & a drop of her chin to her chest...like she is trying to show off a double chin.
Reese is now eating & trying lots of new foods: Apple Sauce, Peaches, Prunes, Bananas, Pears, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots & Peas are the foods we have tried so far.
When she sits in her high-chair, it only takes about 3 seconds until she drops her jaw, holding her mouth wide open, letting me know she is ready & waiting for her food.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Diana Dye said...

Gosh I love this age. Every so often I would not do Sarah's hair just so she'd look like a baby again....but it was never this long at this age. And I love her Johnny Cash shirt. Justin will be jealous.

Henry is the same about crawling. He either rolls onto his back or puts his head down in defeat.

Tim and Heidi said...

Oh, my goodness. She is such a doll. Isn't it so much fun to see them growing up? It happens way too fast, but it sure is lots of fun! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas, even though she had no idea what was happening, I'm sure it was still fun, like it was for us :)

ashley g. said...

my. goodness.

how i love this girl!

Could you do me a favor and stop feeding her so much? It would be nice if she would just stay little for a while...

And it's a WHOLE new world once you can sit up, isn't it Reese?

Alexis Tanner Lane said...

I love the pigtails! Way to go taking pictures month by month. Maybe I'll do that for the next one...

Jamie said...

Cute pigtails! She's growing up too fast!