6.12.2011

*Introducing...Reese*

My last visit to the doctor was on the 31st of May. I was 39 weeks along, had two days of school left & sure that I would leave the appointment with an enthusiastic, "Let's wait & see you next week!" I was sure that I was going to be one of those women who end up pregnant until 42 weeks. However, the doctor said the baby & me both were ready! He let us choose Monday or Tuesday to be induced! My real due date was Wednedsay the 8th...we decided on Tuesday the 7th. (Which turns out is Jon's Grandpa Kay Frischknecht's Birthday!)
The night before getting induced...

*The Birth Story*

We got up Tuesday morning at 5:00 a.m., showered made sure the hospital bag had everything ready & then got the call from the hospital saying they were ready for us. We arrived at the hospital at 6:30 got checked in & up to our room by 7:00. The nurse came in a checked me at 7:30. I was already dialated to 4cm & @ 90%.
They were pretty busy that morning...which continued throughout the day...so I didn't get hooked up to the Oxytocin until 8:30. Then we just hung out & watched the external monitors slowly move across the screen. Baby's heart beat & my contractions. Then we got bored of that so at 9:45 we turned on the t.v. & watched the Price is Right (just in time for the Showcase Showdown).
At 11:15 I was dialated to 6cm. The nurse was happy with my progress...but not happy with the baby's heartbeat. They couldn't establish a proper base-line & when I had a contraction her heartbeat was not reacting properly. I had to start breathing with the oxygen mask on. Then the doctor came in to check on me said I was still at 6cm & that he'd be back.
Doctor Dayton came back at 11:45 & said to stop the Oxytocin because the baby is not reacting well to it. They said that the baby must not like how fast I'm progressing or something...but he wanted to break my water & hook me up to an intro-uterine fluid that would pump into the uterus & take some of the pressure off the cord & the baby. LUCKILY...he suggested to have me get my epidural first. (At that point I was finally starting to feel my contractions).

At 12:00 I got my epidural. Then at 12:15 he broke my water & we stared watching her little heart beat a little closer...

At 1:30 the nurse came in & said I was dialated to a 9+! I was cruisin'! But they still were not happy with her heartbeat & they wanted to place internal monitors to get a more accurate reading of both of our vital signs. As she was changing the monitors...the baby's heart happened to stop. The nurse couldn't find it! She told me to get the oxygen mask on & take deep breaths. Then she ran to the door yelled, "I need help!" & three more nurses rushed in. With in seconds they were ripping monitors off me getting me up & ready to move me into position...luckily at that moment a nurse yelled,"wait!" We all froze & listened...the internal monitor finally picked up her heartbeat. Yikes! That was not fun!

By 3:00 we were feeling a little more confident in her heartbeat & were ready to push...however, the doctor was not. He was in another delivery. So we just waited. And waited. And waited.

At 4:15 we were still waiting for the doctor who had now gone to do a c-section. We really didn't mind. I was comfortable & the baby was just slowly decending making it that much easier for when we were ready to start delivery.

At 5:00 the doctor came in. We began pushing soon after. We just waited for each contraction to show up on the monitor & I would push for 10 seconds 3-4 times. Then I would take a break...make small talk with jon & Amy (my nurse) until the next contraction. She was born about 10-12 contractions later at 5:49!

Introducing...Reese Frischknecht

Born: 6/7/11

Time: 5:49 p.m.

Weight: 6 lbs. 3 oz.

Length: 18.5 in.

Here she is with Doctor Dayton & our AMAZING nurse Amy! We had two nurses throughout the day that were absoulutely incredible! We were so thankful for them & their quick reactions & skills. Reese's heart stopped at one point during labor & in a flash they were taking care of her & me & got everything under control.

We couldn't beleive she only weighed 6 lbs! She is so tiny. We are lucky we had a few newborn onsies at home...although they are even a little big on her!

Reese & I meeting for the first time.

Dad watching her pass all her tests with flying colors!

She has SO much hair!

Here we are all dressed & ready to head home on Thursday the 9th! This little outfit is a new born size but it was HUGE on her skinny little body.

Reese & her daddy. She looks especially mini in her dads hands & lap.

I can't believe how much we already love this little girl! We are so happy and blessed to have her in our lives! She is a wonderful baby. We are so happy to finally have here home with us!

17 comments:

Diana said...

I've been waiting for this post! She's darling, and I think she looks just like you, Mandy. Congratulations!

The Hurst Family said...

She has your hair. She is sooo beautiful. Can't wait to meet her.

Heather said...

She is adorable! Congratulations! Love her hair and name.

andrew and brittani said...

Congrats she is so cute and tiny!! We are so happy for you. Please let us bring you dinner sometime. And try to get some sleep.

Kirsta Silvey said...

Beautiful! Love her name. Congrats to you all!

The Belnaps said...

Mandy she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I cant wait to meet her one day soon! She is perfect! Congrats to you guys!

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness! She is absolutely beautiful! I love all that hair. I am dying to meet her! Hopefully this week!!!

Ps I love the name!

ashley g. said...

oh. my. gosh. These pictures are so adorable! I can't wait to meet her. I hope that you are feeling well.

And Kalli can't wait to put Reese in her Baby Girls the She Loves Club. She's already dying to touch her little toes.

Loves and Congrats!!

Diana Dye said...

Oh I love her already. Love the name. She is so adorable. She definitely belongs to you two. Congratulations!

Dani said...

Congrats you 3! :) - She's perfect, love the name .. so excited for you guys!

mj said...

Mandy. She is so sweet. I am so happy for you. She is a little treasure. She is so lucky to have such a smart and beautiful family! Sending lots of love :-)

Andrea Campbell said...

So darling! You are going to be a great mom! Take care of yourself.

Paul and Lori said...

Mandy, she is beautiful! Congrats! With all the hair, she definitely looks like you in your baby picture! Glad she wasn't 9 lbs though!

Nicky and Patrick said...

She is adorable! Congrats!

Chris said...

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I am glad the birth went so well :) Can't wait to see you and her !

TyandBre said...

So happy for you both! She is lucky to have such great parents. :)

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

Congrats you guys! She is absolutely beautiful! What a cute little face! Have so much fun with her! We are so excited for you guys!