1.22.2011

*tHinK PiNk!*

It's a girl. (We both had a feeling we were having a girl all along.) We are thrilled! Mostly because everything in the ultrasound looked picture perfect! During the ultrasound, I expected it would be hard to get a peek to find out the sex. She was tucked up in a little ball, so we looked at her little arms & legs...her profile...then the tech said, "Well, if you want to find out boy or girl there you are!"
Here is the crazy thing...at school this year we have already had two baby girls born, one in September & one in December. Then a male teacher's wife is having twin girls in a few months & two other teachers due just one week & two weeks ahead of me...both having girls! So if your counting...add my baby girl in there & you get 7 baby girls! What is in the water at Manila Elementary?!
In closing, I ask a favor...Obviously with this being our first baby, we are feeling a little overwhelmed & lost in the baby isles at the stores. What "MUST HAVES" for the baby or for me you can think of that we should plan on purchasing in the near future? Or any favorite car seat brands, stroller suggestions, etc.?! Thanks friends!

12 comments:

Diana Dye said...

I read tons of reviews on Babies R Us before I bought anything.

Get a bouncy seat that's nice and light and you can move it from room to room around your house. Sarah's plays music, vibrates and has dangly toys. She lived in it her first 4 months.

The stroller/carseat travel systems are nice, especially for a summer baby...you'll get a lot of use out of it.

And lots of spit-up rags! One for each room of the house.

Diana Dye said...

Sorry, me again. I was just going to say, buy the more expensive things gender-neutral colors. That way you don't have to buy them all over again if you have a boy someday.

Jamie said...

Woohoo! We are so dang excited. Congrats you two.

The Dunford Family said...

YAYYYY!! OH we're sooo excited here! There needs to be balance in the universe, after all!
I looooved my bumbo chair and my little portable baby swing.
HOOOOOORAY!! The boys will be soo excited! :) Congrats!

The Belnaps said...

I think a swing is a must have!! It seriously saves me! I bought the cutest one for Hayzlie you should check it out. Its fisher price and its the called the Zen collection cradle swing. It swings side to side and forward/backward, and the chair comes off easy to take with you around the house easy. I love love it!! Good luck, Lets do lunch soon.

The Hurst Family said...

Diaper Genie and a battery operated swing.

ashley g. said...

ibuprofein. pedicures. girls night's out...

oh! did you mean for your baby GIRL? We are so EXCITED! How fun to have such lovely little girls so close in age- your little girl and her cousins are going to be t-r-o-u-b-l.e.

As for baby supplies- let's go peruse Target. Perhaps that will jog my mind into baby mode.

CONGRATS YOU CRAZY KIDS! LOVE YOU!

The Walker's said...

I'm so excited for you! Girls are so fun! I would definitely get a Bumbo, they can start to sit up in it at about 4 months and you can buy a tray to go with it. Its nice because you can take it with you anywhere, almost like a little mini high chair (we have taken it camping even!). Something we got with Isaac that I wish we had with Malea was a bouncer (or you could do a swing but the bouncer you can move around). I would recommend registering at Babies R Us too. We need to throw you a big huge baby shower!

Frischknecht Fam said...

Yipppeeee--girls are the best. Seriously, mine are wonderful and so helpful with their younger (and generally less conforming) brothers (mostly Bridger). We are so glad everything looks good and healthy. Here's to a speedy four months!

Natalie said...

Agreed on the neutral big items.

Things I Love:

a mirror for the car - see the baby when they're in there backwards

a sleepsack - at babies r us. a zipper blankie that stays on them when they start to be super wiggly

swing

bouncer

we love our chicco carseat - i don't know much about other brands out there. we got the sit 'n stand stroller - holds a baby and a toddler - to think ahead for future babies. good idea because then we didn't have to buy a double later.

I'm sure i'll think of more...So excited for you!

The Birds said...

Once again...so glad she is healthy. I better get LOTS of babysitting time, when you go out for those pedicures Ashley was talking about.
I agree on the gender neutral colored big items. Then there is SOOOOO much un-needed crap out there for babies. Just keep it simple they get big REALLY fast.
Seriously, make a need it and want it list. Most times the want it is totally un-nessesary. Oh, and don't forget your sister has everything you ever would want to use. Save $ and borrow all my stuff. Might not need it anymore, anyway. Waiting to see if Lexie gets any easier.
LOVE YOU GUYS!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the baby girl! We are so excited for you! Rob bought me a digital baby monitor & I love it! Make sure you buy a digital one if you get one, they are so quite! Our other one used to keep me up at night from the buzzing! Also, just thought I would let you know if you go to Sevenslings.com use "cupid" as the promo you can get a free baby sling & on uddercovers.com use "valentine" and you can get a free nursing cover...you just have to pay shipping. I love tyhe nursing covers...the promo is just for Feb.!