A few weeks ago Jon's mom asked us if we would be interested in having some old bedroom furniture. We said yes. Then...I said, "Sand & Stain!" The set came with two dressers. One wide 6 drawer dresser, a tall skinny 6 drawer dresser & a head board & foot board.
Here are some before pictures of the furniture. I didn't take any of our bedroom before but here it is after...
The furniture turned out AWESOME! We ended up getting new curtains, new pictures on the wall, a new bedspread, etc. The tall skinny dresser has glass panels in it. We took them to get sand blasted so you can't see through them. It is a very simple & clean room now. We love it!
Big THANK YOUs to John & Susan, MY JON & my bro in law Bryan! (He let us use his workshop to stain, lacquer & glaze the furniture).
It's also beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house...I got all our Christmas stuff out on Friday. I can't believe it is already December! I love Christmas time...but wow, my class sure gets hyper for the next few weeks.
Jon spent HOURS & HOURS sanding! He is so meticulous. That furniture was sanded by 4-5 different grit papers, (mostly by hand) in rain, snow & cold dark days & nights. Thanks Susan for letting us use your garage!
Here are some before pictures of the furniture. I didn't take any of our bedroom before but here it is after...
The furniture turned out AWESOME! We ended up getting new curtains, new pictures on the wall, a new bedspread, etc. The tall skinny dresser has glass panels in it. We took them to get sand blasted so you can't see through them. It is a very simple & clean room now. We love it!
Big THANK YOUs to John & Susan, MY JON & my bro in law Bryan! (He let us use his workshop to stain, lacquer & glaze the furniture).
It's also beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house...I got all our Christmas stuff out on Friday. I can't believe it is already December! I love Christmas time...but wow, my class sure gets hyper for the next few weeks.

12 comments:
Wow! I cannot believe how much work you guys did on that bedroom set. It looks beautiful! You guys are sure talented! That was a really smart idea to sand blast the glass. I will have to remember that trick! Love the Christmas tree too! I can't wait to start decorating. We are getting the boxes down today! Good luck with these last few weeks before school lets out for the holiday!
It turned out so cute!
Wow Mandy, they turned out gorgeous. If this teacher/doctor thing doesn't work out, you 2 should become carpenters...or furniture finishers atleast.
Your room turned out sooo cute! It's probably so nice to finally have it all done :) Thanks so much again for all of your help painting and doing my little projects. It was so fun to hang out with you guys. Hopefully next time I see you I will have a little one with me! Thanks again :)
Looks awsome!! Love the new fonts on the blog. I will have to check out that site. See you soon.
You two are so amazing. I love the new room. Looks great!!!! Thanks for letting me share in it a little. I love these fonts. Soooo cute. You'll have to tutor me how to do it. I love you Manda Bear and Jonny too!!!!
Love what you did with the furniture! It looks great! One day when I'm rich and have a big house I will pay you to decorate it. :)
LOVE IT! Now come do it to my furniture...
Just kidden. I love that you two can do just about anything crafty. Can you decorate my house?
turned out beautiful! I was thinking that Jon had made that taller dresser that has the glass in it, when he was in highschool?? Am I confused? Your bedroom looks incredible!
Mir
Very cute new bedroom, I LOVE re-finishing furniture - And your XMAS tree looks great!
Your furniture looks great! I always think I would do something like that and then I realize how much work it would be. You are amazing!
Wow! It looks so beautiful. I don't know if it makes me more encouraged or discouraged to do mine. What a lot of work.
I love it!
Post a Comment