6.02.2009

{School's Out for the Summer!}

Wow! I can't believe the school year is over. This was such an interesting year! I had some very diverse learners & personalities in my class this year. I am so proud of all my students & the progress they made! The last few days of school were so fun & hectic! Dr. Sorensen (my principal) decided to re-arrange the hallway. 16 teachers had to...got to... move classrooms. Myself included!
I actually have a new classroom as well as a new office. I was asked (by Dr.Sorensen in March) to be our schools TSA (Teacher on Special Assignment) next year. This, for lack of better terms means that next year I will be the "assistant principal." We are getting 2 interns from SUU in first grade next year. My main job will be to take care of them. I will help them to become the best teachers that they can be! As well as evaluate, observe & model for them in their classrooms. Then in the afternoons, I will be back in my classroom. So my life next year will be 1/2 day TSA & 1/2 day First Grade Teacher. I am excited for the opportunity & am only doing this because I get to teach & share my classroom & students with my dear friend RaeAnn! I wouldn't share my students with anyone else! So thanks to RaeAnn for leaving Kindergarten & joining me in 1st grade.

3 comments:

mj said...

WOW MANDY!!!!!! that us HUGE!!!!! i am so excited for you and so proud of you!!!!! what a big deal you are now!!!! i knew that you were awesome. yay for working with ReaAnn (i really can't believe she agreed to leave kindergarten!!!) Good luck girl! you rock!

Jamie said...

What a cute class. I bet you are the best teacher ever. I am excited for all of the changes you will have next year. No suprise that they would pick you though!
Enjoy the summer before your crazy year begins!

The Hurst Family said...

It really is a privilege to teach a class with you Mandy. I want to be as good a 1st grade teacher as you when I grow up. I always forget to check your blog because it doesn't update since you went private, but I'll be better. It looks like life will settle for a minute in July. I'll call and we'll get together. I'm starting to dream about next year so I guess it's time. Love you tons. RaeAnn. (do you still have your study ebook for Content Praxis? I can't find mine,but told Kerry I'd check to see if you saved yours. She gets to take it soon. Poor girl.