7.12.2008

Happy Birthday Jon

We celebrated Jon's 23rd Birthday on Wednesday. We got home from Mexico the night before so I hadn't wrapped any of his presents...
Jon, I love you more than I could ever express. Here are 23 of my favorite things about you...in no particular order: 1.the way you look at me 2.your big brown eyes 3.what a hard worker you are 4.you can always make me smile 5.how loyal you are to everyone you love 6.you always listen to my stories (even if they are long and random) 7.the way I feel in your arms 8.your sense of humor 9.your dance moves 10.the way you twist your hair when you are frustrated or thinking really hard. 11.the way you take care of me 12.how safe I feel when I am with you 13. how competative you are 14.your ability to be a leader 15.how you accomplish whatever you set your mind too 16.your knowledge of EVERYTHING! 17.the way you kiss me 18.what a great husband & father you will be 19.your love of sports & talk radio 20.you dream big 21.your freckles...sorry...angel kisses 22.how easy going you are 23.your kind, respectful, genuine, strong and the kind of person I want to be! I love you baby!
Jon loves the Rocky movies. He once made me have a Rocky Marathon with him. We watched Rocky 1-5 one after the other. I found this poster & knew he would love it! The whole thing is drawn with words: quotes/lines from the movies. It was fun to watch him study it.
Then as promised, Jon got his other birthday wish. He has wanted to shave his head for soooo long. I told him he could as soon as the wedding was over with. I think he could have stayed with this look. He can pull it off don't you think?
Then to end the day we went out to my mom's & had a BBQ, celebrated Jon's (& my nephew Gavyn's B-days). Then we opened wedding presents...for hours!! We were amazed at the fun stuff we got! People are so generous & we can't wait to get settled in our home.

3 comments:

ashley g. said...

Dance moves? The only "move" I have ever seen Jon do is the Robot. And believe you me, it was no robot. ;) What a sweet tribute. And yes- I vote for hairstyle #1. Happy Birthday, J!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Jonner! You should have kept that sweet doo! And I love that you twist your hair-Caleb does that too. It always helps me know when he is stressed (and when he needs a haircut!)

Holly said...

Congrats newlyweds! Your wedding was great. I sounds like you are settling to life a married couple pretty easy. Your honeymoon looks like a blast. So many cool things to see and so little time to see it all. Don't you just love vacations...the only problem is they are never long enough!