7.30.2008

Frischknecht Family Vacation

We went to San Diego this past weekend on a Frischknecht Family Vaction! Jon & I flew out Saturday night. We got up early Sunday morning & headed south to Jon's sister Amy's house. We went to her family's ward & then over to her house to visit & BBQ. It was so nice to visit with them. We don't get to see the Hunt family very often.
Monday morning Jon, myself, John Senior, Miranda & Brandon took a trip over to Sea World. Our favorite things were the Shamu show & touching the sting rays.

Later that night we went to the Padres game. It was a blast! I have never been to a major leauge game. The Petco Park (stadium) is amazing!!!

Tuesday morning we went down to the beach. It was a pretty cloudy day & the water was cold. But that didn't stop us! Jon's family brought several body boards to play on. I had never used them before. I think we will be investing in those some day!! When we got back to the hotel, Jon's mom told us that there was an earthquake while we were gone!!! I guess there was a 5.4 in L.A. She felt it & watched items in the room move & sway. We didn't feel it though, we think we were in the car driving to the beach when it happened.
We had a so much fun. It was a quick 3 day trip but we fit a lot into it. Pretty soon we will both be back in school & dreaming of relaxing on that beach! Thanks to the Frischknecht's! We can't wait for the next family vacation! They are always great!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Good job on the slideshow you did awesome. It looks like you had a fun and relaxing vacation. That is exactly what you needed...some good rest and fun before we head back to meet our new students.

ashley g. said...

You got so many great pics! I am thoroughly impressed. I am amazed that we didn't feel the earthquake at all. Maybe because sand doesn't shake? I have no idea. That ia a crackpot theory. I am so glad that you two were able to come!

Jamie said...

What a great trip! I wish you were there longer so we could have hung out more! What fun pictures too. Could you pass along the ones that my family are in?