6.16.2008

Bridal Shower

I had a bridal shower this weekend with my family, my new family (the Frischknecht's) & friends. My sister Cortnie had some really fun things planned for us! Jon was a good sport & agreed to come help with a game. I answered several questions about Jon & I. Then Jon came in & answered the questions. We tried to match our answers & we did really good. We know each other so well! (We better...after 3 years!) Cortnie also made this darling binder for me. All the nieces & nephews filled out a paper that said, "Marriage is _____." Their answers & pictures were so cute. She had even asked my students at school to fill out the papers so there was a section for them. And there is a section for wedding advise which while at the shower guests could fill out for Jon & I. It was a great day & I left feeling very spoiled, lucky & loved!
Here I am ripping into a gift!
Di Dye & me laughing that she bought Jon's BBQ lighter! He had the zapper when we registered...needless to say there are some random things on our list. (Indiana Jones Mr. Potato Head...Bag of Goldfish Crackers...)
And then there was... Victoria's Secret! I saved those for last. By the way, it was really fun to open those in front of strangers, my grandma, my mom & my mother-in-law! :) I am sure many of you lived through that as well...good times!

10 comments:

mj said...

so fun! you guys should get some cool stuff since you already have all of the basics. yeah the lacy stuff is embarrassing but also a rite of passage!

Holly said...

Looks like you had a great shower and got very spoiled. You deserve it since you have waited for THREE years!

ashley g. said...

I'm still dying over those shoes. It was really fun to meet your cute family- it turned out to be a great shower! We are so excited- just about 2 more weeks!

Annie said...

Hey Mandy! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

ricksdl said...

Mandy, I was so sad I could not make it to your shower! When I looked at the pictures it made me so mad I live far away. I wish I could have been there! I am so excited for you and I miss ya!
Ang

Jake, Mel, and Girls said...

Mand- only a couple more days! Good luck with everything and have so much fun! I'm excited for you!

mj said...

one more day!!!

ashley g. said...

Good luck tomorrow!! We love you guys!

ricksdl said...

Hey I just wanted to wish you a happy wedding day! - The whole wed. wedding day made it hard for Danny and I to make the reception, but know that I wish I was there and I want to see tons of pics. These are the times when I wish we were not in Arizona! P.S. I'm serious about the pics!

K said...

Your reception was awesome. You both looked so great!

Kevin & Britney Jensen