2.27.2014

*Lots of Love*

My adorable Valentine's...
February was a month filled with LOTS of LOVE and gratitude for our little family...
We went over to daddy's school and heart attacked his car! Then we came home and made him some chocolate covered strawberries. Dad brought his girls home flowers and candy.
I left the room for a minute while Jensen was playing on his mat.  Came back in the room and he was gone! I walked around the chair and he had scooted pretty far away! Oh no! He will be mobile in no time! I don't think I am ready for that yet!


This is Jensen in his first pair of gym shorts. A momentous occasion for his proud papa!

"Life happens when you are busy making plans." Jon & I had decided to take the kids to Disney Land during his spring break! It was the ONLY time and the FIRST time we would go on a vacation in YEARS! We were so excited! Jon was crazy busy with finals week and tests. We rarely saw him, and if we did it was for like 5 minutes a day! There were lots of weeks the kids would go several days between seeing him. (This is how the majority of 2nd yr just goes.)  My point being, we were very excited to spend some quality family time together!!!!

BUT Jensen had other plans.  He got sick.  Then he got really sick.  Then scary sick.  He had been fevering all week and had a cough. He was working way too hard and forcing his breathing. I took him in to the pediatrician. They sent us home with some breathing treatments to try. But by 11 at night his breathing was not normal and was scary! I took him to the insta care. They sent me to the ER! He needed oxygen and help so he wouldn't have to work so hard to breath.  Yikes. So me and my little man at the ER. He is just so content and happy I don't think they were that worried about him! By 4:30 in the morning they sent us home and told us to follow up with his pediatrician in the morning. SO, I got home around 5:30 just in time for jon to head over to take one of his finals. 

I took about a 20 minute nap, and Reese was awake and ready for the day to begin! ugh. I took Jensen back to see our pediatrician.  He listened to him for all of 30 seconds and said. Take him back to the ER. He needs to be admitted and monitored closely. He had bronchiolitis. 
At this point I was going on 0 hours of sleep in the past 36 hrs. The doctor asked me if I was ok to drive him or if he wanted jensen to be transferred. I must have looked a hot mess!
SO back to the ER we went. Luckily we have a good friend Alison in our ward who took Reese for us. Jon still had finals to worry about and I had to stay the night in the hospital with Jensen. Which actually ended up being two nights! But this kid was smiling, happy and content the entire time.  Every nurse and doctor that met him loved him! They had to suck out all his congestion every few hours during our stay.  
Dad came over to visit us on our second day after one of his tests. 
We were so thankful for all the help and how quickly Jensen was showing signs of improvement! 
We had to cancel our trip to DisneyLand and reschedule for who knows when? Jon schedule is pretty crazy, but we WILL get that vacation in!

With Jensen feeing better we headed out to a fun new park we found with Dad! The February weather in AZ is simply AMAZING!
Reese is loving her dance class each week! She can't wait to go and adores her teacher Nicole.
He's just my favorite little guy EVER!
Reese is a whiz with puzzles! She has several 24+ piece puzzles and she can do them all by herself in no time! She is SO smart!
And so creative. I love to listen to her play & create things. She made this zoo one day all by herself. She was so proud and so was I.

Jon let me buy a new camera lens for my camera! I have been having lots of fun playing with it and trying to figure out how to use it! 

I have been using/playing with my camera Reese has been doing the same with hers.
She also has a SLIGHT obsession with My Little Pony! And I am partly yo blame. Been using them as bribery for going poop on the potty. (Had a bit of regression lately.) But the show is on Netflix and we watch it a lot and love playing ponies. We know all their names, all about their cutie marks, etc!

A lazy Sunday afternoon at the park! Mostly so mom could play with my new camera lens!
Reese and her silly daddy...





No comments: