6.19.2012

*One-der Land*


{reese @ 2 weeks old}
 {Reese @ 1 month}

Reese is One Year Old! 

(I didn't even attempt to make her lay down by her giraffe for this last picture!)

Weight: 19 lbs. = 50% (1st time out of the 20%! Whoo Hoo!)
Height: 29.5 in. = 60% 
Head: 18 in. = 71%

*This girl is crawling & standing (pulling herself up) all over the place!  She follows us everywhere & loves to crawl around on the floor with us.  We play the "I'm gonna get you" game with her & she will crawl away from us, then stop & chase us too.  She squeals & giggles the whole time. 


*She LOVES music.  When she hears a good tune on the radio or on a TV commercial, she will stop what ever she is doing to dance.  She has two go-to moves.  1-While sitting, she bounces at the waist & bobs her head to the beat. 2-She raises & drops her shoulders making her body wiggle.  It's ADORABLE!  I have been trying for weeks to catch it on camera...

*She has been "talking" like crazy lately.  Her little voice has so much inflection!  She copies my phrases in her own little language all the time.  She says "uh-oh" all the time, but our personal favorite; "What is that?" = "is es ah?"  She says this at least 30 times a day.

*She can 1/2 way blow a kiss... 

*Her bottom molars are trying to come in. (She has 8 teeth now.)

*She loves to drink from a straw.

*When she wants you to pick her up...she crawls to your feet, sits up tall, raises her arms up close together over her head as high as she can reach & flexes out her hands.  





Reese turned 1 on June 7th!  We had a giraffe B-Day party at a park in P.G.  I guess my "creative teacher-ness" that has been bottled up for a year exploded all over the party.  I had so much fun planning, baking & decorating for the big day!

*I made a big giraffe for our party guests & 
a small giraffe for Reese's "smash" cake.




Before...
During...




after...

Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us!  It was a day we will never forget!
We love you Reese-ie Bear!

(thnx uncle clay for using your awesome camera to get the cake smash pics)

6 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

She is too cute destroying that cake.

Tim and Heidi said...

So much fun! Love the cake smash pictures, it looks like she was loving it. Isn't 1 such a fun age? Just wait till she starts walking, it may just make you want to cry :)

Diana Dye said...

Oh my goodness, how cute! You did a great job with the cake and decorations.

She passed Henry up on weight. Sigh. We need to get together before you move.

The Walker's said...

Can't believe she's 1! Happy Birthday Reese! I love the giraffe theme, Malea would be dying (she loves giraffes!). I want to see you before you guys move! I hope I'm not too late!

The Birds said...

LOVE YOU REESE!! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you birthday girl!

Jamie said...

It was such a cute birthday! We love you Reese!