2.07.2009

{Alexis Grace Bird}

Alexis Grace Bird arrived Tuesday, February 3rd 2009. She was 6 pounds 7 ounces. (Cortnie's smallest baby) They discovered a reason why she may have been so small was because there was a knot in her cord. Luckily it wasn't pulled tight! Also, poor Cortnie wasn't planning on having a natural child birth. Her epidural wore off!!! Then by the time they found someone to come boost it again she was in full on labor! Bryan (her husband) said she was making some of the most strange & terrifying sounds he'd ever heard. Poor thing! Don't worry, that second epideral kicked in about 2 minutes after Alexis was born!
I wasn't able to get over to the hospital until close to 8 o'clock that night. I had parent teacher conferences! It was killing me to wait that long to see her face! I've made up for it and seen her every night this week. She is so cute & I am so glad she & Cortnie made it through that delivery!

This is a little kitty that I brought for Alexis. She does like it...she's mad at us becuase we wanted a picture without the binki.

4 comments:

ashley g. said...

Congrats to you Cortnie! And way to be a strong woman- even if you didn't want to be! (I would have died. I'm positive. That's why I announced that I needed an epidural as I walked in to get induced. Sounds like you got the short end of the stick- but we are truly proud of you for doing it!

Alexis- you are beautiful. Welcome to the world little cutie. And Jon and Mandy- you have proof with both genders on both sides of your family that you are destined to have beautiful babies.

When you feel like it though- of course. ;)

Jamie said...

What a beautiful baby. Tell Cortnie congratulations!

Frischknecht Fam said...

She's beautiful. Please tell Cortnie congrats for us!

Mindy said...

Contrats!! These are great pictures! She is perfect... such a pretty baby. Looks just like Dil and Gav.