Jon & I spent Labor Day weekend running in the Red Rock Relay. We drove down to Cedar City on Thursday night, got about 30 minutes of sleep & were up & off to the top of Brain Head Resort at 4:00 AM. We began our race at 6:10. Bryan my brother-in-law rode up the ski lift to the top of the mountain then ran down & passed the "RRR" wrist band to me. I then ran UP & around the mountain. Honeslty, words can not describe the incline, the lack of oxygen, the snow, the mud, etc. It was harder than I ever could have imagined but I DID IT! I finished 6.1 miles in an hour 1/2. GO ME!
We had a blast! There were six of us in our van. We would take turns running & then when the six of us were done, van two would run through their six legs. So in between our first legs we got some lunch & then went back at it. I ran my second leg though Zion's at about 5:00. I ran 7 minute miles! Our van finished at 11:00 that night. We went to our condo, showered & got about an hour of sleep. At 2:00 AM we were up to run again. I ran my last leg at about 3 & luckily five minutes in, the down pour of rain stopped! During my last leg I also got a surprise extra mile added on! GOOD TIMES. It was absolutely the hardest & coolest thing I have ever done. I was so proud of Jon & I for doing it. We were by far the most un-prepared ones there. By the end I ran a little over 13 miles. Jon ran about 15.
After out last legs were over we had a few hours to go back to the condo again, shower & then head to the finish line. We all ran across the finish line together as a team.
Our team of 12 finished the race in 30 hours! It was a lot of fun. I was so tired & getting so sore! My leg muscles & every other muscle in my body at this point were beyond stiff. We all earned a super cool medal!
Sunday morning at 7:oo AM we had a tee time at a BeAUtiFuL golf course! Jon, Brandon, Miranda & I played. There were bunnies, roadrunners & other critters running around all over. We played like crap because we could hardly move. We were all so stiff, sleep deprived & sore. Later that day we enjoyed hanging out at the pool. Monday morning we got up went to the outlets for a fast shopping trip & came home. VACATION OVER TOO SOON! It was fun though & one I will never forget.




10 comments:
that is seriously the coolest thing I have ever heard of! wow! you are so tough!
You are now an official Psycho Runner Woman. All it takes are a couple of shots of some 5-Hour Energy "delite for da night," some spandex and about 95 degrees of delicious heat and your set!
I am wicked proud of you two- you were awesome and a blast to hang out with! Congrats!!
with love,
the hyper-hypo who towed the car home
Wow Mand! You are the woman! I could never do that, and if I tried, I'd start crying after the first 10 steps. Way to go!
Totally awesome. I'm glad that you wrote about it. I was interested to see how that would all pan out. Looks HARD! Good work, Mandy. You're incredible!
mands, you are a rock star! I can hardly wait for Ragnar! I think that we are just getting started. Am so proud of you...kicked some can fo'sure
You are amazing! And I thought I was psycho getting up at 5:15 every morning to go running! Well, you are my inspiration to go faster and farther now!
You all did so great!! But I am still glad that it was you crazy people running and not me. Playing with my kids was way more fun. Love ya, Cort
You are my hero. I would have killed over at mile one, for sure. And I love your picture up top, you two are so pretty together.
so I am probably way late on this...but I love your haircut! The main picture of you and Jon is awesome. Oh and great job with the run - you are one tough girl!
Way to go you two! I am super impressed! Sounds like it was such a fun weekend-wished I could have been there!
Post a Comment